Windows Defender is one of the most popular and most secure antivirus software in Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 etc. This will help you protect yourself from different viruses, malware, and spyware in your Windows. Microsoft usually updates Windows Defender every day unless you have turned off the automatic update. In such a case, you have to update it from the Microsoft server manually.
If you have turned off the windows update service in your Windows 10, do not worry about manually updating the Windows Defender in your Windows 10 because it is quite easy and everyone can do it by following our tips and tricks. If you want to update the antivirus manually in your Windows 10, you have to go to the Microsoft site and then download and install it.
Why is it important to install antivirus software on our computer?
Antivirus is fundamental for any business needing to protect their information and PC frameworks from data breaches. Antivirus program is the security that keeps undesirable people from entering your system. Anticipation is substantially more powerful than fix, so it’s smarter to have a framework setup intended to distinguish forestall infection assaults than investing energy and cash fixing contaminated machines.
Moreover, your business’s reputation could be on the line if hackers breach your customer’s information. Whatever profession you belong to, ensure that you secure your frameworks from harmful infections and malware.
How does it work?
Antivirus programs help to distinguish, prevent and quarantine harmful programs in your PC, including infections. Regardless of how you protect your PC from infection, antivirus programming is a decent security technique.
Antivirus programming runs in the background to checks each file you open for the infections and different malware. Regular scanning minimizes the risks of getting your machine infected. By chance, if your system is infected, your antivirus will isolate that file and prevent it from running. Then, it will either erase it consequently or you can decide to run it in case it is a false detection.
Steps to manually update the Windows Defender in Windows 10
Follow the steps to update the Windows Defender manually in Windows 10. You do not need to worry about it as it is quite easy.
- Before downloading any updates, go to the Update tabs in Windows Defender to check the last update date and Virus definition.
- If the update time was 1 day ago, you do not need to upgrade Windows Defender. Otherwise, you have to update the antivirus definition to save you from new viruses.
- You need to visit Microsoft’s official site to know the recent Windows Defender definition of Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
- Check your computer’s architecture. Is it 32 bit and 64 bits? Then download the file by clicking on the 64 bit or 32 bit on the website.
- After downloading, follow the below steps to install it on Windows.
⦁Double click on the downloaded file to update your Windows Defender. Note that you will not see any Windows or dialogue box in that process, so do not worry about it.
⦁Finally, check if the update is completed successfully.